02 April 2013

I Love SKA - South Korean Adventures

See what I did there?


Okay, let's do this.  Hey everybody, what's up?
So, guess what? I'm living in Gwangju, South Korea right now.
I've been here for about a month, and I'll be staying until August.

I am teaching English at an elementary school and taking courses at Chonnam National University.
Originally I was trying to teach English in Japan, but after applying for multiple programs and not getting accepted, I sent an application to a program based in Korea.  I got accepted, and said, "Sure, why not?"

I don't know any Korean, well except for how to say "Hello, please get me some water, thanks."
That being said, I've made lots of Korean friends who speak excellent English, and they help me get around.  I'm really grateful for the friends and social life I have here.  I've also made friends with other English teachers.  From the US, Canada, England, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, and more. 

Anyway, I'll be making short videos and posting them here. 
Currently I'm using my cell phone to record, but I may invest in a legit camera. 
I dunno, gotta look at my budget.  I get paid alright here, but I don't work a ton of hours, and I want to save money for traveling to other Asian countries.

That's all for now!  Keep on keeping on!
I got denied by 3 english teaching programs before I got into one, so the lesson learned is keep trying!

Peace & Love

- Pat "Loverholic Robotronic" "Kermit" Eng

No comments: